Two shows in as many weeks? Say it isn’t so. Yes yes it is. Kayla and Steve hit record again and talk about what’s been on everyone’s mind: the dreaded resolution. Have you made any? Have you already called it quits for some of them?
- Kayla and Steve hitting the weights.
- Zumba, the elliptical, and long walks to Target?
- Food logging and clean eating, does it help?
- Weigh-in results from this week.
- Steve talks about a book, Willpower: Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength by Roy F. Baumeister &John Tierney.
- Body Fat goals – what’s healthy?
- Jenni from Facebook asks about eating on the road.
- StickK, Gym Pact, Bee Minder – Kayla’s got the lowdown on incentives for workouts.
It’s been a minute since the last episode but get ready for a barrage of content – we’re going to be posting a new one now every couple of weeks at minimum. Long live the GeekFit podcast!
- Kayla joins the GeekFit podcast!
- Steve wakes up at 4:30am on Christmas like he’s a 3 yo.
- Steve & Kayla are on Weight Watchers – counting points!
- Activity Point consumption; why is it so hard to stop eating?!
- Lifting weights Mon/Wed/Fri and Zumba® whenever we can!
- Kayla has three clean PET scans, so her cancer has been beaten down.
- Steve mentions Android phones for some reason? And Ada, OK?
- Steve & Kayla using JeFit (web-based and android/iPhone based) weight lifting tracking.
- The inquisition of Kayla – are you or are you not from Sacramento… ?
- Kayla plays yo-yo with the same 30 lbs, has 86 lbs to lose.
- Tucker busy with his new consulting and will join us when he can.
- Kayla can be found on Facebook at www.facebook.com/holdingthestars.
- Steve can be found on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/mrxinu.
- Steve’s Zumba® information can be found at www.mrzumba.com (class schedule, etc.).
Another bite size GeekFit for you this time right around 25 minutes long, enjoy!
- Laughter and Kittens!
- Steve subbing Zumba classes
- 1 hour and half of lifting for Steve
- Jason hasn’t figured out how to lift weights properly.
- Jason likes the FreeMotion machines
- Jason’s son drives him to work out harder.
- JE Fit only works on Android not the iPhone
- Steve’s “arm padding”
- Not all scales are created the same, don’t trust just one scale’s results
- Jason’s scared of “doing it wrong” when doing free weights
- Jason’s scared of “the smith”, Steve explains now the smith works for him
- Soliciting of personal training at the gym.
- Steve loves the solo time at the gym
- Jason asked if Steve has Zumba celeb sightings where people recognize him.
- Steve does music cleaning for other Zumba instructors.
- Jason is a hermit
- Jason is working on some reviews for GeekFit, more on that coming soon!
- Special thanks to Kayla for treating Steve with a Trout (IRC style) to get us to record tonight.
Another bite size GeekFit for you this time right around 30 minutes long, enjoy!
- Steve headlining at PulsePDX 6/29/2011 for a Zumba event
2 songs then 1 song with Julio
Steve estimates he himself brought in 45 people
- “The Cup” – Blender Bottle, Steve uses it without the ball
Shakeology and Advocare Spark both work great in it.
- Steve talks about going to the gym and the struggles of finding an assistant to tear down his weights for him
- Jason talks about working out with his son Chris and learning high school football training techniques
- Steve doesn’t like basketball
- Jason struggles with pullups
- Steve talks about smart phone app: JEFIT.com
- Steve talks weights and how you need to add the bar to the total weight.
We also learn that pulleys change the weight by 1/2.
Greetings GeekFitters, Steve and I wanted to let you know that we’re now be on facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/geekfit (I know, we’re original huh?) We use to have a Facebook Group but we are closing that group and moving to a Facebook Page. Click the link and hit the like button!
Oh yeah, one more thing… we added Facebook Comments to our website to make it easier for you to leave comments on our episodes and blog postings.